- Reading and Phonics
- Reception - Nightingale Class
- Year 1 - Seacole Class
- Year 2 - Jenner Class
- Year 3 - Lister Class
- Year 4 - Cavell Class
- Year 5 - Garrett Class
- Special Educational Needs
- House System
- PE and Sport Premium
- Pupil Premium
- Bug Club
- Head Teacher For The Day
The mixed-age Homeroom groupings will be used for some of the cross-curricular and child initiated sessions, removing the assumption that children learn best in same-age groups.
The reasons for our vertical groupings are:
- to encourage children to get to know each other very well throughout the school;
- to enable older children to have positions of responsibility, and roles within the groups that promote a supporting, nurturing environment;
- to allow effective cognitive and social development through interacting with different aged children;
- to give the opportunity for role-modelling excellent, positive behaviour and expectations;
- to promote peer-support and a love of reading, as children share books with each other and read together;
- to give a strong emphasis on community and citizenship.
This process will be under continual review to ensure its ongoing success.