After School Care Assistant
This is an ideal opportunity for two creative, patient and friendly people, who love working with children, to join The Wells Free School staff team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for the care, behaviour and safety of the children attending the After School Care service.
- Planning a range of activities with the children and encouraging them to be creative with their play.
- Motivating and encouraging children to play and try new things.
- Providing a fun and stimulating environment for the children with age appropriate play.
- Preparation of the room for the activities and tidying away again at the end of the session.
- Communicating with parents and guardians each day at drop off and pick up times.
- Promote and market the service to children, parents and carers.
- Fully understand and implement all relevant school policies including first aid, safeguarding and fire evacuation procedures in a calm and responsible manner.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties as may be requested by the line manager.
- The role is for 2 days (after school hours 2.30-6.00pm). Available days: Monday, Tuesday and/or Friday.
- Have a keen and demonstrated interest in working with children.
- Fully supportive of The Wells Free School values and ethos.
- Have good written and communication skills in order to liaise effectively with colleagues, parents and carers.
- Be innovative, proactive and creative in planning activities for children.
- Be professional, confidential, conscientious, reliable and trustworthy.
- Be prepared to undertake any training as necessary to fulfil the role.
- Be flexible to working additional hours for training or to cover sickness absence.
- Be eligible to work in the UK.
- Have a clear enhanced DBS and legally able to work with children (DBS check will be organised by the school)
Permanent from week beginning 16 July 2018 (includes 6 months’ probationary period)
£15,253 pro-rata, 3.5 hours per day, term time only.
The school and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Chris Dodge (Head Teacher) for further information about the role: 01892 739075 / email@example.com
An application form and job description can be downloaded below.
Closing date: 6 July
Interviews will take place during week commencing: 9 JulyApplication form: /docs/Application_Form_Support_Staff_Wells-ASC.doc
Job description: /docs/JD_Wells_ACS_Assistant_docx.pdf