Staff VacanciesCaretaker Position
The school is looking to recruit a flexible and hard-working Caretaker with the ability to undertake small maintenance and repair tasks as well as general care taking duties. Applicants will live within easy reach of the school, be available to unlock the school from 07.00 Monday to Friday, and ideally have access to their own tools.
Previous experience as a School Caretaker is desirable but not essential; candidates without this experience should instead be proficient with general maintenance jobs.
The core responsibilities of a Caretaker are:
- Opening up the building in the morning
- Ensuring the school site is safe, accessible and fully operational
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings
- Act as designated key holder, providing out of hours and emergency access to the school site.
- Responding to alarm call-outs
- Keeping the school site clear of litter and emptying external bins
- Carrying out minor repair work, basic plumbing and decorating
A DBS check will be required with this role and the candidate will need to be prepared to undergo one prior to starting the position.
Job Type: Part-time- minimum 5 hours per week with negotiated overtime. Permanent position.
Salary: Kent Scheme 3: £15,628 - £17,188 pro-rata
Starting date: 21 May (or soon after)
Please download and complete the application form below by 11 May and return to the Operations Manager, Georgina Waghorn: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication Form
Job Description Wells Caretaker