PE and Sport Premium
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for the academic years 2013/14, 2014/15 and 2015/16 to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE. At The Wells Free school we received £8,230 for the academic year 2013/14 and will receive £8,235 for the academic year 2014/15.
Pupils at The Wells Free School are taught to develop fundamental movement skills, become increasingly competent and confident and access a broad range of opportunities to extend their agility, balance and co-ordination, individually and with others, learning how to use their skills in different ways and to link them to make actions and sequences of movement.
Pupils at The Wells Free School pupils are taught how to respect their environment, and basic skills designed to enhance their enjoyment of the outdoors, including:
- Safety of self and others
- Creating and evaluating shelters
- Simple woodman skills
- Fire safety
- Fire setting
- Recognition of common flora and fauna
- Stewardship skills
What we have spent the money on so far 2016-2017
Please follow the link below for a full report.
What we have spent the money on so far 2014-2015
- Specialist PE provision for all pupils, including Continuing Professional Development for all teaching staff - £2,988
- PE equipment - £2,069
- Storage for PE equipment - £372
What we spent the money on 2013-2014
- Specialist PE provision for all pupils, including Continuing Professional Development for all staff - £1,333
- Outdoor wooden building blocks - £1,270
- Increased take up of extra curricular sports provision as interest in the subject has grown (academic year 2014-2015 after school sports/active clubs include Football, Ballet, Zumba, Multi sports;
- Higher profile for sports throughout the school through skills development for all staff as part of ongoing CPD offer with specialist coaches;
- Partnership work with local secondary school, sharing resources and joining with older students for a recent dance experience;
- Improved resources to support physical activity.